Sunday, February 1, 2015

Gettin' Thrifty


Find me one person who HASN'T been affected by the economic crisis at hand...and I will give you $5.

Mind you, I don't have $5 to give...but I guess you could also look at it as that is a measure of how confident I am that everyone has been affected - even in super small ways.

That being said...I am going to hit up the local thrift store tomorrow. Not really sure what I am in the market for (a funky vase, a pair of jeans...who knows) but I would still like to go and check things out. And yes - I realize this is in total defiance of the "rules of thrifting"...

I can recall going as a teenager...I scored this awesome maroon velvet (men's?) blazer for like $4. Admittedly it was a bit of an odd choice for your typical 14 year old girl...but I loved that thing and wore it everywhere.

However, I haven't ever gone since. My mentallity had been "who needs a thrift store when you have the miracle that is target?" Ahh, how times (and bank account balances) have changed.

I will let you know what I find...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE thrifting. I hope you have a fabulous time, and I can't wait to see what you find!! Do let us know!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts...but remember, if you don't have anything nice to say - keep quiet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...